To prepare and maintain all molding and press dies so that team members are able to meet production schedules in compliance with the Quality Policy. Must be proficient in all Machine Shop operations. Responsible for troubleshooting providing countermeasures for all Tool & Die related concerns.
- Repair and maintain all molding and press dies to blueprint specifications.
- Responsible for Set-up, operation and performing preventive maintenance on the equipment in the Machine Shop area to include EDM.
- Maintains and records all documentation as needed.
- Order spare parts as needed.
- Maintains good communication with team members and other related internal departments and outside resources.
- Requires teamwork and participation in company activities such as IATF16949, ISO9001, ISO14001 and Employee Involvement.
- Requires effective communication and involvement with team members, internal departments and outside resources.
- Understand and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Maintain 5’s standards: maintaining good housing keeping.
- Requires shift work and overtime as required.
- Ability to work in an environment and perform duties with minimal supervision.
- May require some travel.
Minimum Qualifications for the Job (education, experience, other)
- Requires High School Diploma or GED equivalent (must fulfill NC state or federal educational requirements).
- Prefer 3+ year’s experience (preferably in a manufacturing environment) with related specialized training.
Key Competencies (ex. computer skills, analytical skills, etc)
- Must have proficient knowledge and be able to effectively operate all machine shop equipment such as lathes, mills, grinders and EDM etc.
- Must have proficient knowledge of measuring instruments and blueprints.
- Must have proficient mathematics skills.
- Must be able to read and demonstrate an understanding of the operator instructions.
- Effective verbal, listening and communication skills
- Requires constant standing and moving 8-12 hours per day
- Must be able to constantly lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and kneel.
- Must be able to apply up to 66lbs push/pull force unassisted.
- Must be able to reach overhead.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand your job responsibilities to perform, monitor and control the process as it affects Quality and Environmental Impacts.
- Follow all policies, procedures and work instructions and make recommendations to improve the process through continual improvement.
- Notify Management immediately when problems or non-conformances are detected.
- Appropriately record problems or non-conformances to ensure corrective action and preventative measures are taken.
- Assist in the problem solving process, corrective action and prevention activities.
- Contain or stop the process as necessary to prevent non-conformation material from contaminating good material or negatively impacting the Environment.
Other Duties as Assigned:
Click here for application
- Summary of Job Responsibilities is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Download job description