This position serves To manage the resources of the respective area of the company (including manpower; machine and materials) in order to maximize profitability in compliance with the Quality and Environmental Policies. Supports team leaders as an Employee Involvement Coach.
- Gives continuous direction to the manufacturing staff on quality goals.
- Strives to improve plant profitability and increased market share through managing plant costs.
- Gives direction to subordinate departments in order to insure 100% on-time delivery of shipments as well as assisting in the forecasts and determination of goals while encouraging continuous improvement of productivity.
- Directs and coordinates in the most efficient manner using the concept of QCDMS.
- Know, understand and comply with policies and procedures and be able to administer them fairly and consistently.
- Assists with company management style in a manner that promotes ownership by all associates. Acts as key member of Employee Involvement with promotion of good morale, pride and ethics throughout DMNC.
- Directly supervises Team Leaders and subordinates within respective areas.
- Requires teamwork and participation and promotion of company activities such as IATF16949, ISO9001, ISO14001 and Employee Involvement. Requires effective communication with team members and internal departments and related outside resources in both written and oral format.
- Understand, comply and consistently apply company policies and procedures fairly to all employees.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Maintain 5’s standards: maintaining good housing keeping.
- May require some travel.
- Make recommendations to improve productivity, quality and efficiency of operations through continual improvement
- Responsible for coordinating the establishment of production goals within respective area.
- May require overtime to support area of responsibility as needed.
- Responsible maintaining department operating budget.
Minimum Qualifications for the Job:
- Requires High School Diploma or GED equivalent (must fulfill NC state or federal educational requirements
- Requires 2 or 4 year degree in related field or equivalent related work experience.
- Requires 3-7 years manufacturing experience; with previous supervisory experience
- Must have proficient math and analytical skills.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Effective verbal, listening and communication skills.
- Effective leadership and coaching skills
- Strategic thinking and decision making skills
- Ethical conduct
- Must have investigative, troubleshooting and analytical skills in order to evaluate problems/processes and take necessary action in support of subordinates.
- Requires sitting, standing and moving.
- Must be able to constantly lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and kneel.
- Must be able to apply up to 66lbs push/pull force unassisted.
- Must be able to reach overhead.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understand your job responsibilities to perform, monitor and control the process as it affects Quality and Environmental Impacts.
- Follow all procedures and work instructions pertaining to your assignment and make recommendations to improve the process, as well as enhancements to the Environmental Management System.
- Notify Management immediately when problems or non-conformances are detected.
- Appropriately record problem or non-conformance to ensure corrective action and preventative measures are taken.
- Assist in the problem solving process, corrective action and prevention activities.
- Contain or stop the process as necessary to prevent non-conforming material from contaminating good material or negatively impacting the Environment.
Other Duties as Assigned:
Click here for job application
- Summary of Job Responsibilities is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Download job description