Prepare, maintain, and improve molding machines so that team members are able to produce parts as safely and quickly as possible in compliance with quality and environmental policies.
Accountable for assisting management in providing detailed analysis of production related data and improvement ideas in order to obtain continuous improvement.
- Must understand and follow the operator instructions.
- Perform machine and quality checks as outlined in the work standards.
- Set-up and change over machines as required.
- Repair and perform preventative maintenance on machines.
- Maintain daily charts.
- Maintain 5’S Standards.
- Maintain good communication with team members.
- Responds to problems and abnormal situations and offers countermeasures.
- Teach and support training of new members.
- Assist with installation and start-up of new process equipment.
- Requires effective communication and involvement with outside resources and related internal departments.
- Requires teamwork and participation of company activities such as IATF16949, ISO9001, ISO14001 and Employee Involvement.
- Requires shift work and overtime.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral formats.
- Indirectly supervise associates through direction of the Team Leader.
- May require working with hazardous chemicals.
Minimum Qualifications for the Job:
- Requires High School Diploma or GED equivalent (must fulfill NC State or Federal educational requirements).
- Prefer 1 year experience as a machine operator.
- Must be able to write as demonstrated through the completion of the employment application.
- Prefers six months experience in the respective section of focus area.
- Must be able to perform a proficient level of arithmetic in the form of charts and graphs and be able to interpret and analyze them.
- Must be able to use measuring instruments.
- Must be able to effectively communicate process/product problems.
- Must have basic mechanical skills.
- Must be able to read and demonstrate an understanding of the operator instructions.
- Must have working knowledge of metric system.
- Must have a working knowledge and understanding of hand tools.
- Requires constant standing and moving 8-12 hours per day
- Must be able to constantly lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and kneel.
- Must be able to apply up to 66lbs push/pull force unassisted.
- Must be able to reach overhead.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understand your job responsibilities to perform, monitor and control the process as it affects Quality and Environmental Impacts.
- Follow all procedures and work instructions pertaining to your assignment and make recommendations to improve the process, as well as enhancements to the Environmental Management System.
- Notify Management immediately when problems or non-conformances are detected.
- Appropriately record problem or non-conformance to ensure corrective action and preventative measures are taken.
- Assist in the problem solving process, corrective action and prevention activities.
- Contain or stop the process as necessary to prevent non-conforming material from contaminating good material or negatively impacting the Environment.
Other Duties as Assigned:
Click here for application
- Summary of Job Responsibilities is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Download job description