To operate, troubleshoot and maintain automated machines in order to produce 100% quality parts with a minimum amount of down time and waste in compliance with the Quality Policy.
- Must understand and follow the operator instructions on all machines in the area.
- Perform machine and quality checks as outlined in the work standards.
- To set-up and change over machines as required including die and material and tooling changes.
- Must report and assist line keeper in the repair, adjustments, and preventative maintenance on the machines.
- Maintain daily charts.
- Maintain 5’S Standards.
- Maintain good communication with team members.
- Stock and inspect needed material.
- Requires effective communication and involvement with related internal departments in order to maintain production targets.
- Requires teamwork and participation of company activities such as IATF16949, ISO9001, ISO14001 and Employee Involvement.
- Requires shift work and overtime.
- May require working with hazardous chemicals.
Minimum Qualifications for the Job:
- Requires High School Diploma or GED equivalent (must fulfill NC State or Federal educational requirements).
- Prefer 1 year experience as a machine operator.
- Must be able to write as demonstrated through the completion of the employment application.
- Must be able to perform a proficient level of arithmetic in the form of charts and graphs and be able to interpret and analyze them.
- Must be able to use measuring instruments.
- Must be able to effectively communicate process/product problems.
- Must have basic mechanical skills.
- Must be able to read and demonstrate an understanding of the operator instructions.
- Must have working knowledge of metric system.
- Must have a working knowledge and understanding of hand tools.
- Requires constant standing and moving 8-12 hours per day
- Must be able to constantly lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and kneel
- Must be able to apply up to 66lbs push/pull force unassisted.
- Must be able to reach overhead.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understand your job responsibilities to perform, monitor and control the process as it affects Quality and Environmental Impacts.
- Follow all procedures and work instructions pertaining to your assignment and make recommendations to improve the process, as well as enhancements to the Environmental Management System.
- Notify Management immediately when problems or non-conformances are detected.
- Appropriately record problem or non-conformance to ensure corrective action and preventative measures are taken.
- Assist in the problem solving process, corrective action and prevention activities.
- Contain or stop the process as necessary to prevent non-conforming material from contaminating good material or negatively impacting the Environment.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Summary of Job Responsibilities is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.